Brilliant Paul, very interesting stuff
More of a passing interest than a hobby, but I bought a selection of rocks and minerals while I was away, to add to my small collection at home. Could be something I get into. It’s the history and age I’m interested in, and where they’re found. Many of them have cultural and spiritual significance. Luckily, I’ve come across an app that identifies the rock photos you upload and gives you some details. It’s pretty accurate. I’ve managed to identify all of these. I wouldn’t mind acquiring some larger and less polished pieces, in their raw state. A large chunk of rock with a cavity filled with raw amethyst crystals would be nice to build my collection around.
Really pleased with these 2 latest additions to my Roman antiquities collection. First bit of glass I’ve acquired with this 3rd Century oil vessel. Has a lovely iridescent sheen. Also this little bronze statue of a Roman senator from 300 AD, sadly missing his lower legs. You can’t have everything!




