New releases coming up

And here is the name of the forthcoming album
PORCUPINE TREE - CLOSURE/CONTINUATION

And a tour in November 2022

1 Like

Have you seen the "extensive " dates? :unamused:

Yes, crap isn’t it. With the UK dates being the last in the run, there’s the possibility of additional London dates.

Hopefully the tour sells well, which might make them consider a full UK tour at some point.

1 Like

51+wCksPChL.SY580

Release date 28th January 2022
Available through the usual outlets to pre-order.

2 Likes

Well, The original (and memories related) will stay in my mind.

1 Like
1 Like

Bjorn Riis - Everything To Everyone (April 8th)

1 Like

News concerning Klone… sorry I can’t be bothered nor have I got the time to translate so am using Google Translate

Progressive rock band Klone has exciting plans in store for 2022. This includes the recording of a new album and an American tour scheduled for May.

A melodious voice mixes with electric guitar chords and the rhythm of a drum set. Progressive rock band Klone are recording their upcoming album, due in the fall. And for this tenth album, the group wanted to innovate. “This is the first time that we all record together in live takes, with both bass, guitar and drums to try to have a common energy, usually we do that that separately”, explains Guillaume Bernard, member by Klone.

Collective work is possible thanks to the brand new Dark side studio, which recently opened in the suburbs of Poitiers. The particular acoustics of the place allow a balance between absorption and diffusion of sound thanks to the old stone. "Even when we play hard it doesn’t hurt the ears, suddenly this acoustic phenomenon is very pleasant and I think we will hear that on the album. It’s reassuring for us to think that the result will be rather beautiful ", rejoices Aldrick Guadagnino, guitarist of the group.

With this album with a less airy style than the previous one, Le Grand Voyage, released in 2019, the group wants to find the sounds of its beginnings. “I needed to get back to the nature of the sound we made at the start, for the physical side of the music: this album is more anchored in the earth than the previous one”, explains Guillaume Bernard. Guitar riffs have replaced arpeggios for a sound that goes back to the origins of metal.

The group already has plans in their heads for 2022, they should take off on a US tour of around ten dates in May. Klone does not leave aside his French fans, it is already scheduled in March in Besançon and Sceaux, then in August at the Motocultor festival in Morbihan.

2 Likes

Just ordered. Forgot this was out this week.

1 Like

Possible new Ghost album artwork? Leaked on Reddit. March release.

1 Like
2 Likes

Now confirmed. Released March 11.

1 Like

May 13th

The Pineapple Thief’s Give It Back is a superb collection that showcases the evolution of the band.

The album features 12 re-recorded and re-worked TPT classics now featuring Gavin Harrison on drums, and with new vocals and guitars from Bruce Soord, new mixing by Soord and Harrison, and mastering by Steve Kitch.

Gavin Harrison explains, “When I first started working with The Pineapple Thief I had only played on the album Your Wilderness, so when the time came to play live I obviously had to approach quite a few songs I didn’t know and hadn’t played before. Having spent some years in King Crimson (where this challenge was often presented to me), Robert Fripp suggested that you should approach every song as if it were new regardless of when it was written. So with the blessing of The Pineapple Thief, I developed my own take on some of the earlier material. As the tours went by I got curious about their huge back catalogue and found myself listening through and applying the ‘old song/new song’ process and imagining how I could (sometimes radically) rework them. Initially just for the purposes of finding other songs to play live. However, Bruce encouraged me to go as far out as I wanted (including writing whole new sections) - after all, the original already existed - so why not breathe new life into these earlier songs? This isn’t a compilation album or any kind of selected ‘best of’ record - but rather the tunes that gave me inspiration to rearrange, rework, rewire.’

CD/Blu-Ray in digipak with artwork by Carl Glover. Includes hi-res stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1/Dolby Atmos.

Tracklist:

1 Wretched Soul (Rewired) [05:26]
2 Dead In The Water (Rewired) [04:43]
3 Give It Back (Rewired) [06:20]
4 Build A World (Rewired) [03:42]
5 Start Your Descent (Rewired) [04:23]
6 137 (Rewired) [05:06]
7 Shoot First (Rewired) [03:43]
8 Boxing Day (Rewired) [03:25]
9 Warm Seas (Rewired) [03:59]
10 Someone Pull Me Out (Rewired) [04:00]
11 Last Man Standing (Rewired) [05:15]
12 Little Man (Rewired) [03:51]

Audio - Hi-res Stereo/DTS-HD MA 5.1/Dolby Atmos

Not sure about this (though i’ll probably end up spending again).

I have all of their albums so do i need ‘reworked’ versions ?

That’ s what I was thinking……is it really worth it ?

Thought of the day…Another way for bands to make money without releasing new albums. Along with remastered/super deluxe/signed editions!!!
Some are totally worth it of course, some aren’t.
I can safely safely say I’ve been had with the deluxe edition of Sowing the Seeds of Love last year!! That was a complete rip off!
How some bands are taking the piss :roll_eyes:

2 Likes