Some gigs coming up

I thought all 3 bands were excellent, and the sound for an arena gig was fantastic.

Although it wasn’t sold out , I think Ghost have now progressed to arena status, it was an exceptional show .

3 Likes

Seeing Tool in the Resorts World Arena next month. Will be in Birmingham around 2pm, so wondering if any pubs around the arena, or is it best to stick to city centre.

Im going to that Steve , there is a bar I went in opposite the venue (where I took photo from) In the resorts bit but got very packed and was quite expensive (not as much as inside the Arena though, £12 a double)!!
If you’re staying in Birmingham the night I’d drink in the city if you have time on your hands.

Cheers Andy. Yes, staying the night in Birmingham.

1 Like

King Buffalo added to my gig list.

My 2022 (so far) :-

Diamond Head - Cancelled
Those Damn Crows - Cardiff, Feb 5th

Tool - Birmingham, May 4th
Stephen Fretwell - Cardiff, June 7th
King Buffalo - Bristol, July 20th
Aussie Pink Floyd - Swansea, Oct 28th
Porcupine Tree - London, Nov 11th

Tempted by a few later in the year (Public Service Broadcasting, King’s X, Samantha Fish, Elder, Opeth, Placebo, All Them Witches).

2 Likes

My gig quest back to normally continues with a weekend down in London.
Unfortunately Frost cancelled their gig on Sunday night, but at least I get to see one of my favourite bands tomorrow night.

Whatever you have planned this weekend have fun, and stay safe x :beers::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Its not only Rock n` Roll, but I like it. Seeing Henning tonight in Dundee.

2 Likes

You lucky man! Enjoy, have fun! I’m jealous!!!

1 Like

The Fallen State/Mason Hill/Stone Broken on Friday

Just bought a ticket to Blondie at the NIA in May

I’m seeing Blondie w/ special guests The Damned in August.

3 Likes

That is Neat, Neat, Neat. :grin:

1 Like

I’m a little concerned about what Fish was saying on F.O.F. about not getting exited about his Farewell Tour , obviously its gonna take alot of planning as he’s talking about doing America north and south, as well as an extensive European tour , so it came across to me as it wont be happening next year as he’d previously said.

Did anyone else hear it last night or am I just not understanding him correctly :thinking:

I missed the show yesterday because we were not at home but that’s not news I’d want to hear.

I’d settle for a Convention.

I picked up on that, Andy. I think what he would like to do and what he may be able to do will be quite different. The barriers that have been previously highlighted re. additional costs around European touring for permits and the like remain. The two main things that will shape any plans are :pound: :pound: :pound: and his health as potential barrier I think. Fingers crossed for a road trip though. It would be really sad if things ended with a whimper.

2 Likes

Yeah, coz you are coming back to Scotland for that very purpose, isn`t that right? :grinning:

3 Likes

Looking at what’s on at my local venue. Since when did the Proclaimers become a premium act? They’re feckin novelty. From £37?!

Would love to go to this one, too far for me, but posting for awareness @Andyboy67

ANNOUNCEMENT!!! NEW Christmas Show added!
Magnum are delighted to announce that we will be returning to Wolverhampton after such a long absence to play a special 50th Anniversary Christmas show. At KK’S Steel Mill - Live Music on Saturday 10th December 2022
We’ve got plans in motion to make this one a particularly memorable event for everyone in celebration of 50 years of MAGNUM
Tickets go on sale Monday 9th May at 10am available from:
https://www.kkssteelmill.co.uk/event-magnum.php
and www.ticketweb.uk
Don’t miss it!

2 Likes

£37 + fees :rofl: Did you get front row?

1 Like

I wouldn’t watch them for free.

1 Like