Some gigs coming up

Inspector Cluzo and Suicidal Tendencies tonight.

1 Like

Saw Suicidal Tendancies back in 1990. Clash Of The Titans tour along with Slayer, Megadeth and Testament. Quite a night.

1 Like

Today I received the Print at Home Tickets from Ticketmaster. :+1: :blush:

1 Like

Scorpions tonight in Nice but they’re announcing violent storms and rain and wind, flood alert etc in the coming hours
:face_exhaling::pleading_face:

1 Like

Oh, sounds alarming. Hopefully it will not be that bad.

London weather seems OK at the moment for Friday. At least a bit cooler than here now at 28*C.

1 Like

It always sound alarming, the authorities do it to cover themselves since the terrible storms and floods that occured back in 2015 in this area causing lots of casualties and damage.

It usually gets dramatic very locally so we never know who’ll get the beast and who’ll be spared :roll_eyes:
As you know I / we do welcome the rain coz it hasn’t rained properly in years and our gardens are burnt already, but here when it rains it’s always extreme.

And as a consequence, people instantly stop knowing how to drive and it creates traffic jams everywhere, hence my concern for tonight for getting to the venue which could take from 30 min to 3 hours depending.
Don’t wanna miss the gig!!!

It always amazes me how you can feel the electicity in the atmosphere when the storms are nearby, like right now!!! You can almost hear it floating in the air, like ultrasounds.

2 Likes

Have a great time , I’m so jealous.
They are brilliant live , hopefully they’ll tour the Uk soon.
Hope the storms don’t ruin the occasion.

3 Likes

Going to see Green Day tomorrow in Glasgow. Callum was still at school when we originally bought the tickets. He is 20 in August.

Zaz hope you get to see Scorpions. Would love to see them. Their latest album is a contender for album of the year so far.

2 Likes

They are playing local to me but with tickets at this price I won’t be going!

Ridiculous!

Absolutely! And I guess enough people are willing to pay that kind of sum! :no_mouth:

They seem to be selling well even though the tickets are damn expensive. I expect to pay more for Springsteen tickets (and will probably do so!) but for Scorps I won’t pay this.

45 dollars just for admin fees - worlds gone mad

3 Likes

Well i’m going to see King Buffalo (who are probably my favourite ‘new discovery’ of recent months) in Bristol in 3 weeks time. I’m sure the show won’t be on the grand visual scale of the Scorpions, but i’m more than confident that i will have a great night, and all for £13.50 and an 85p booking fee.

2 Likes

For full disclosure. There are tickets at lower prices between $100-150 (before fees) but the example I posted is the cost of a ticket in the same section I recently sat for Tears for Fears. I paid $149.50 + $28 fees for that ticket. So Scorpions are asking considerably more AND on top of that you probably have to listen to that god awful song “Winds of Change” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I paid 74€ for mine! (78 USD /63 GBP) fees included…

And it was well worth the money :smiley: fantastic gig :metal::metal::metal: and look at where I was stnding!!!

320 bucks that’s outrageous though!!!

2 Likes

I paid £4.50 to see Gillan at Dundee Caird Hall in 1982. Ah, the good old days. Queue at the venue Box Office, hand over said sum of money. No booking fee ( WTF are they anyway? I herebye charge you £££ for the privilege of buying a ticket that will cost you ££££ ). On top of that to allow our software to register and print off a ticket or the new shitey rip off of sending an e-Ticket for you to display on your device we will charge you £££ Processing Fee .

Undoubtedly gigs cost but these add ons certainly dont go in the coffers of the bands / artists that we follow.

2 Likes

I’ve read that Michael Monroe didn’t perform last night. That must have been disappointing for you.

Yes, there was problems with getting in, we waited 1,5 hours queing and time ran out for the first support. :frowning:

Just booked Uriah Heep at Symphony Hall in October

1 Like

3 Likes