The Last CD You Bought

Totally agree. If it’s listed at £37.50 then that’s what I expect to pay. I’m sure it’s only the Fish shop that adds the vat as an additional cost at checkout, can’t think of any other online retailers that I use which do this.

As always, top service from the shop. I ordered with ‘2nd class / 48 hour’ postage option and item was delivered next day.

It’s a quality product (though would have liked a hi-res stereo version of the remix on the Blu-ray - only 5.1 or Atmos versions included).

And not sure text on a tartan background is the easiest to read either :nerd_face: (though this is only on one page of what are excellent notes (again)).

Yeah, the text here and on the few pages with a dark background were difficult. He could make a few quid selling magnifying glasses.

I’ve just looked on eBay and copies of the 2 disc ‘13th Star’ are going for £30 and upwards, so I may get the money I spent on the deluxe back :smile:

And I’ve also got the Nearest 2008 dvd to sell.

Just checked and there’s currently 2 Nearest DVD’s for sale on ebay. One going for £3, the other for £112.

Also one being sold on Discogs for over £200.

I know which one I’d buy :smile:

Just pre-ordered the new Bruce Soord album, Luminescence, released in September

1 Like

Preordered. October release.

1 Like

2 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex (29th Sept)

1 Like

Me too :grin:

1 Like

Anyone heard any snipetts off it?

New song released today, a new song to be released next week, and others to follow.

The below from SW website

"Today you can listen to the first single to be taken from my seventh studio album The Harmony Codex – Economies of Scale is a soulful song built around electronic rhythms and layered vocal harmonies.

Then next week something completely different, the mostly instrumental 11 minute hybrid of progressive rock, spiritual jazz and electronica that is Impossible Tightrope.

More songs from the album will follow in the weeks leading up to release, including my latest collaboration with Ninet Tayeb. But really I hope you will all get to hear the album as intended – a musical journey, or a piece of “cinema for the ears”.

Not their best stuff , but a bargain price to complete my collection.

3 Likes

Counterparts is right up there for me mate. Love that album. I also like the much maligned Presto.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Steve, is this a new album or a live recording?

It’s both.

It’s a live recording of PSB’s appearance at the Proms in 2022 with the BBC Symphony Orchestra but it is all new material written specially for the event, themed around the creation of BBC radio.

The full video broadcast is also on Youtube

1 Like