The last gig you went to

Wow fantastic photos, it looks a great show as well , glad you had a good time, seen the setlist some of my favourite songs in there :metal:

1 Like

Who’s this? He appeared to play just for the one song and i can’t remember which one it was!

Wouldn’t allow me to post link so here is screenshot.

Looks like this guy :arrow_down:

http://www.maximummetal.com/interviews/intresults.asp?ID=ingopowitzer_scorpions&idBand=361

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Green Day Hela Mega Tour at Belahouston Park, Glasgow last night.

Weezer - very poor
Fall Out Boy - Good production and decent band, but not my cup of tea

Green Day - you know when you go to see a band and you are not expecting much? Well, Green Day were great. Greatest Hits set with some nice touches - Sabbath and Kiss covers. Also pulling kids out of the crowd to play guitar and sing vocals on Know Your Enemy ( although the poor woman singing then nearly shit herself when Billie Joe Armstrong made her stage dive ). A good nights entertainment.

4 Likes

Always put on a good show, a band much better live than on record :+1:

1 Like

Guns N’ Roses last Friday, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Bad luck with this one. The systems were down so the tickets could not be read and as the doors were supposed to open at 15.30 we were only allowed to get in after 17, so the first support, Michael Monroe who we were waiting to see, wasn’t allow to perform at all and the other support Gary Clark Jr. performed a short show and had to start when most of the audience were just coming in.

The main act was good although I believe Axl had some problems with his voice and maybe because of that they didin’t do Back In Black as usual (which was a good thing anyway in my opinion). Our seats were not the best ones but we bought them from resale and had to took what was available. The venue itself was pretty nice and not too hard to get to. The arragements could have been handled better. Merchandise stands were poorly situated, I didn’t see any inside the stadium. Only on the field but there was not allowed to go from the seated area.

Anyway, a good show from the band. I Wanna Be Your Dog was a great cover sung by Duff and Carrie Underwood as a special guest was fun.

2 Likes

Gn`R have cancelled their Glasgow show tonight due to illness. Fortunately I wasnt going but have friends who were. Given press reports looks like you were lucky to see them. Setlist altered with a number of songs dropped compared to other gigs on the tour. Glad you had a good time none the less.

2 Likes

Halestorm yesterday evening.

The Pretty Reckless were supposed to play but they were a no show due to COVID in their camp.

5 Likes

Not familiar with the band but great pictures!

2 Likes

They are a four piece hard rock band out of Pennsylvania. Won a Grammy a few years back for Best Hard Rock Performance. This was my 4th time seeing them but had I known The Pretty Reckless were not playing I might not have gone! As it happens I was in the pit on the barrier so had a great view.

1 Like

Roger Waters. Brilliant!

7 Likes

Is that his piggy bank with all your ticket sales in?

2 Likes

The answer’s right here :point_down:

:wink:

3 Likes

Amazing pictures. Don’t know if you were standing or seated but looks like you had a great seat :relaxed:
I will have to go see him next time he tours Europe!!! Preferably London.

1 Like

Thanks! The concert was setup “in the round”, so the stage was in the center of the arena floor and I was sat in row 7 of the lower bowl, about level with the stage floor. 20-30 meters away.

The setlist was amazing, the band was awesome and it was just a brilliant evening. I’m sure a few people will get upset by the social and political commentary throughout but it didn’t bother me. Funnily he started the show with an announcement along the lines of, “If you’re one of those ‘I love Pink Floyd but I can’t stand Roger’s politics people,’ you might do well to fuck off to the bar right now.” :laughing:

5 Likes

Grand Theft Audio are back and with a bang!

Saturday 20th August - O2 Academy, Edinburgh - The Gaslight Anthem

A sold out gig in a poor venue ( what is it that some think it is ok to throw up a stage, put in toilets and a bar and, hey presto we have a venue? ), a box with a stage at one end. Still didnt detract too much from a great band performance. Met a guy who had come all the way from Finland. He doesn`t know you Lauri. Cant remember the actual place, but he lives some 600km south of Kemi. Looking forward to a new album from the Gaslight Anthem.

4 Likes

ClutcherofStraw: He doesn`t know you Lauri.

What!? Unbeliavable! :exploding_head::astonished::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Heard about Blue Oyster Cult in Brussels in november.
Have you seen them recently ? Does it worth the travel ?

1 Like