The Last Vinyl Album that you Bought

Soundtrack from the Bowie documentary.

New Metallica.

Went to my local Walmart at 7 this morning to grab a copy of the exclusive yellow vinyl release.

That’s my playlist for the weekend sorted :metal:

2 Likes

After watching the movie again last weekend I bought myself the 6 LP soundtrack box set.

2 Likes

Didn’t know about a 6LP of this movie soundtrack !

Released end of 2021. Normal price is $200 but I managed to pick this up for < $60 with free shipping. I found the deal (now expired) on Popmarket via Reddit.

1 Like

Record Store Day pick ups.

I guess quality control isn’t a thing anymore.

$100 for this set and 1 of the 4 LPs is opaque and 3 are translucent!

Looked online and it seems this is a common occurrence with this RSD release so it isn’t just my copy! It doesn’t really matter because only one record can go on the turntable at any one time and they all play perfectly but jeez it does bug me. :roll_eyes:

UPDATE: After thinking about it more, I called up the store and they held a copy for me. Went to collect it and this time the 4 LPs match. :star_struck:

Another one which I didn’t need but had to get (Eels - Extreme Witchcraft, tempted by free postage)!

Continuing my obsession with Bowie. :grin:

1 Like

UK RSD 2023 release, not available over here.

1 Like

Released today.

1 Like

New Alice Cooper vinyl and CD, both signed by the man himself at an in-store signing event near Detroit yesterday.

No selfies or up close photos allowed so snapped this whilst waiting in line.

Forgot to add that Chuck Garric (Alice Cooper’s bass player) turned up earlier in the day.

He signed the back of the CD.

4 Likes

Ive got to say, seeing him live with the Hollywood Vampires recently, that his voice has most certainty stood the test of time better than any of those 70’s/80’s rock singers that still perform live . :+1:

Really good cd as well btw :metal:

3 Likes

I was lucky enough to see him in concert 6 times pre pandemic including once with Hollywood Vampires. His voice always sounded amazing and I must admit at the last show in 2019, when I was close to the front, I actually came away thinking it was too good and thought he was lip syncing :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I even tried searching online to see if I was right (which would have upset me tbh) but I didn’t find any evidence. Nothing like the Kiss videos of Paul Stanley walking away from the mic mid song type of evidence :rofl: So I guess he is that good. Shame on me for doubting him :blush:

As for the new album, I listened to it for the first time last night (I only received my copies at the signing event). Loved it.

Alice is a Legend. Top bloke.

1 Like

He’s looking great under all that make-up and hair dye.

A couple of used records that I picked up last week in England.

Picked this one up because it’s Maiden sung by Damian Wilson. I imagine that is a great combo!

I own this one on CD (bought when it was first released) and it’s a great collection of songs. For £8:50 I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to grab it on vinyl.

Edit: Just compared the track listing with the CD version. The vinyl has 10 extra songs so that’s a plus.

1 Like

Damian Wilson plays a couple of Maiden numbers in his set or did on his last tour. The guy could sing the phone book.

2 Likes

I’ve got that Vinyl! Never realised there were more tracks than on the CD release.

1 Like