New releases coming up

INFINITE - DEEP PURPLE 2017

24th of February

:sunglasses:

vinyl picture disc

27th of January

Very nice but i don’t like it when bands release the same album but in a different format at a later date.

Some will have bought ‘black’ vinyl on release and now will pay again to get the picture disc.

"Featuring some stunning solos and harmonically rich compositions, Lost In The Ghost Light is a release unlike any in Tim Bowness’s back catalogue.

Mixed and mastered by Steven Wilson, the album uses a core band of Stephen Bennett, Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief), Hux Nettermalm (Paatos) and Andrew Booker, plus guests including Kit Watkins (Happy The Man/Camel), David Rhodes (Peter Gabriel) and the legendary Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull). Andrew Keeling arranges for string quartet and flute on three of the album’s songs.

A concept album revolving around the onstage and backstage reflections of a fictional ‘classic’ Rock musician in the twilight of his career, Jarrod Gosling provides the fantastically detailed artwork. "

March 2017

Next week:

Jethro Tull - The String Quartets

Track list
1 - In the Past (Living in the Past)
2 - Sossity Waiting (Sossity: You’re a Woman / Reasons for Waiting)
3 - Bungle (Bungle in the Jungle)
4 - We Used to Bach (We Used to Know / Bach Prelude C Major)
5 - Farm, the Fourway (Farm on the Freeway)
6 - Songs and Horses (Songs from the Wood / Heavy Horses)
7 - Only the Giving (Wond’ring Aloud)
8 - Loco (Locomotive Breath)
9 - Pass the Bottle (A Christmas Song)
10 - Velvet Gold (Velvet Green)
11 - Ring Out These Bells (Ring Out, Solstice Bells)
12 - Aquafugue (Aqualung)

featuring Mark Kelly (among others)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/8422/

In case you were curious ?

I’ve not heard Dream Theaters ‘The Astonishing’ but i imagine it’s exactly the same as this.

Ray Davies has a new album coming out soon. Just heard on the radio. I think titled, “Americana.”

Hope it’s not one album too many. I was so upset the last time I seen him perform live.

Clive Nolan on FB: “So - we finally begun writing a new Arena album - it always begins with that scary ‘empty page’ ;)”

Can’t wait :ok_hand::wink:

Good news …

THIS PRODUCT IS NOW DELETED. A new 4 disc blu-ray / DVD / 2CD edition of “Arriving Somewhere” with a new transfer of the concert film, is currently in preparation for 2017 release on the band’s own imprint.

Does that mean my ‘deleted’ copy is worth some money ?
As much as i like Steven Wilson, i disagree with the number of albums from his various bands that have been re-released in slightly different formats, tempting the collector to spend on what they already own.

Roger Water - Is This the Life We Really Want?

… out 19th May 2017

Roger Waters Posts New Tease of First Solo Rock Album in 25 Years, ‘Is This the Life We Really Want?’