Hobbies, Interests and Pastimes

Ravensburger, Vision Line serie. Holographic 2 images in one.
I had two others numbers of this serie bought in 2000’s. Bought this one second hand.
Resolved it in two days… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I can’t explain, but I think the fact I worked on an oversized puzzle developped something in the way I use to solve things like that…

Here is the second image, holographic (model)

I’m on this one now, second hand, old FX Schmid, metallic : oh yes, the light on it is a challenge !! :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

New bottles in the collection

Jack Daniel's McLaren
Special edition Jack Daniel’s/McLaren

Glendronach 21Yo

Woodford Reserve Wheat edition

Woodford Reserve Master Collection edition 2023

2 Likes

A new one

1 Like

H.M.B. ENDEAVOUR 1768 (wood)

I finished this bk in April last year after 13 months work on her.

3 Likes

This one is on my Workbench just now.

The SOLEIL ROYAL 1669
104 gun French ship of the line.

4 Likes

Fantastic! It’s a great hobby that.

I don’t have a wide knowledge of it, but maritime history fascinates me. Always loved that era, with all the galleons.

1 Like

This is just a slideshow with music into the making of my HMB ENDEAVOUR.

3 Likes

Soleil Royal 1669 update…

Main deck now finished, Cannons rigged, deck detail added regards to Cannon balls/carriage, barrels/kegs spare wood for yards etc… stairwell rigged and eyepins added to gratings. 6 running rigging lines attached as per instructions 2 of which get rigged to the Main sail as far as I can make out, will obviously have to double check the poor rigging plans just to be sure.
The Hull architectural sides are all permanently fixed, the other 4 decks have been dry fitted and all fit superbly like a glove.

Next up will be more bow details and fitting the Main Stern Architectural facia. Will also be making cradles for the 2 lifeboats.

Slowly coming together…

4 Likes

Looking great. You must have the patience of a saint. :laughing:

1 Like

SOLEIL ROYAL 1669 update…

Hull construction work has now finished.
Stern is finished along with all architectural features including the lanterns and some added ones. Boats and cradle are finished as well as the channels and rigging eyepins for the start of the rigging.
I am pretty pleased they way she has turned out, considering I didn’t really have a vision of how it would go.

Next up will be working the wood to make the masts and yards so it will stand up to the rigging tension.

4 Likes