The last gig you went to

The support band, Within Temptation

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw Within Temptation supporting somebody…need to dig my gig list out!!

Edit…not at all, saw “Last Temptation” supporting Scorpions…

What an amazing stage decor anyway :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

How were Within Temptation Mike ?
Im going to see them with Evenescence in a few weeks (not seen them for about 10yrs now though) .

Definitely a better fit with Evanescence than Maiden. They were not bad, enjoyed them more second time because I knew what to expect. Never really paid them any attention or listened to their music before. Not sure if it was her Dutch accent or if the sound was poor but I did find it quite hard to understand her when she sang/spoke. I’m gonna try to listen to some of their albums online. Any recommendations on where to start?

The Unforgiving and Heart Of Everything were imo their best albums , Resist and the latest one not so good , very similar to Nightwish but without the opera style vocals…

1 Like

Iron Maiden in Worcester, MA. A different view this time, in the seats towards the back so I can see everything I miss when I’m on the barrier.

5 Likes

Marillion last night in Paris

It was ok but not the best Marillion gig I went to (far from it)….h was in great form,and his voice was stunning,Steve Rothery was absolutely amazing but the problem was the set list ……too short,too soft (an obvious lack of energy) and too linear….only 6 songs except the last album and I don’t understand why they ended with « Sugar Mice » ……the end of a gig is supposed to be a firework….anyway,it is always a pleasure to see the band live and I’m looking forward to see them in Nantes next Monday (with my wife and two of our three kids)

6 Likes

Hi Anthony,
I realized at 18:00 that I could have spent a moment with friends before the concert. Took the train at 19:16 and I was at Gare du Nord at 17:00…
I agree : nothing to say about the sound, or the light, or the band. It was a good concert in Lille. Very happy to be there, but a piece of the “magic” is over for me.
That’s was I meant writing a week ago that what as much important for me was the meeting with friends.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful light show

3 Likes

4 Likes

Family affair with Callum and Sarah. Architects not my cup of tea, but definitely not support / special guest material. Headliners in their own right.

Biffy Clyro were on the money. Around half the set focussing on their last two albums and some gems peppering the set too. This is the 3rd time I have saw them. Once open air gig, once small club and last night in an arena. Must say the proximity of a small gig is for me, but to appreciate the stage show etc. an arena does the job.

1 Like

Not really a gig but last night I went to a Nita Strauss guitar clinic (she’s an ambassador for Ibanez guitars) and meet & greet.

Turns out that she’s not just an awesome ‘shredder’ but also a great storyteller. The organizers implemented a very strict no video/camera policy during the clinic, when she performed a few songs including Poison, but I did get a photo with her (taken by the venue staff) during the signing session, so hopefully I’ll get sent a copy.

Had these signed :point_down:

The record is the only AC album that she appears on (and it was recorded on her birthday - she told me this fact!).

5 Likes

Robert Plant presents Saving Grace featuring Suzi Dian - Perth Concert Hall 09/11/22

It amazes me the bands that Robert Plant " blags " his way into. A magpie of the greatest kind, musically. Wonderful musicianship playing Folk, Roots, Blues, Americana. Brilliant.
Quotes of the evening, " We dont play anything from the land of ice and snow."
Mentioning JPJ and Jimmy Page in a conversation, some of the crowd went to clap, Plant interjects with, " Dont clap them, they don`t need it and there not fuckin here."

4 Likes

And very good it was

5 Likes

Ayron Jones - Nantes,Le Ferrailleur

4 Likes

Last night at the gig

Music of Astor Piazzolla played by a string quartet, double bass, bandoneon and a dancer. Unbelievably magnificient!

4 Likes

Ayron Jones - L’étage,Rennes

A fucking punch in the face !!!

3 Likes

Made my picture of him and I taken in Nantes signed :wink:

1 Like