The last gig you went to

No just yesterday…Back home this afternoon…but it is definitely a crazy place !
And I had the chance to have a private visit backstage before the opening doors of the festival with the Hellfest’s founder

2 Likes

The line up is always incredible for this Festival . :metal:

So after all these years I finally went to see Springsteen.
Almost 3 hours of none stop fun, the energy they create from stage at the time of their lives was just incredible :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Springsteen review

1 Like

Porcupine Tree - Manchester

5 Likes

Not a gig but I did attend a Dee Snider book signing and meet & greet last night. Twisted Sister were one of the first bands I saw live back in the mid 80’s. Took along a few personal items for him to sign and also picked up a copy of his new novel and an event poster, which he also signed for me. Had my photo taken with him by the venue photographer so hope to get a copy in the next day or two.

3 Likes

Hope he was more accommodating than when I met him at an Alice Cooper gig a few years ago. Asked for autograph and dismissed with a wave of his hand.

Nile Rodgers and Chic a few days ago in my hometown. Sooo disappointed!!
Think they only sang 3 songs in their entirety, some old hit, Let’s Dance and Good Times.
All the rest was medleys and what have you.
Songs where they make the public sing most of the song etc , can’t stand this :persevere:

Throw in a Nile Rodgers constantly blowing his own trumpet telling us how many awards he’d won every other song, his life achievement Grammy, how amazing he was and who he collaborated with, after watching many of his interviews you’d never know the guy was sooo up his a*se.
One of the most disappointing gigs I’ve been to.

The first act however, was a very pleasant surprise. I’d never heard of them, Cory Wong and his band, an electric guitar little genius, jumping up and down and rocking the stage with their funky jazzy rocky music with 3 sax and a couple of trumpets. A great discovery for me and the audience loved him. So groovy !

Photos not by me as not allowed to take any.

1 Like

I found him very personable. Chatted to him about my first Twisted Sister show at Hammersmith Odeon and his recent stage show (which I took the family to see in Chicago a few years back). I thought he was very honest and surprisingly humble when doing a Q&A session before the M&G. Definitely a very different experience to yours. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I`m sure he is usually like you say, having seen him in many interviews etc. I must have caught him on a bad night.

1 Like

Surprising that. Mr Rogers has always struck me as being very personable and humble in interviews.

Yes, that really annoys me too, when the artist/band tries to get away with the singing by having the crowd do all the work. Singalongs are alright in their place, but not for the entire song because the singer can’t be arsed.

Dean Owens at Montrose Playhouse. A new artist and a new venue for me. Very impressed by both.
A small venue gig wise for an intimate acoustic show. Dean Owens is a singer songwriter from Leith, Edinburgh. As well as having something like 9 albums of his own he is also a producer. He produced Landing Place by Kirsten Adamson ( an album I was raving about here earlier this year ). If he comes by your way, then he is well worth checking out.

2 Likes

Vintage Trouble

Absolutely cracking gig; highly recommended.

Porcupine Tree last night in Nice, what an awesome gig.
S.W.'s voice is so good :heart_eyes:.
Bass player Nate still not back into the game so they’ve used his pre-recorded tracks.

5 Likes

Saw them supporting AC/DC a few years ago. The singer crowd surfed over Hampden Park Glasgow and made it back to the stage with his clothes still on.

1 Like

Yeah I saw them at Wembley on that tour also, not really my cup of tea tbh.
It was 2015 !!! Bloody hell .

1 Like

Andy, I (vaguely) saw them support Bon Jovi in Bristol but don’t really remember it as my gf at the time talked all the way through both gigs (and then complained that BJ hadn’t played Summer of 69…!!) they’re not normally my thing either but several people recommended them, thought that this gig was excellent, actualy bought the new album their on vinyl.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

I called her a ******* idiot. Got dumped the next day. Probably for the best.

3 Likes

Ghost last night.

5 Likes