The last gig you went to

Nearly 3 hours of music, a thoroughly entertaining evening and well worth it considering the snow and bad weather we’d witnessed that day .

2 Likes

Kris Drever - Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Sunday December 3rd

Kris is part of Scottish Folk / Roots band Lau and also performs solo. He comes from the Orkney Islands. His dad is Ivan Drever formerly of Scottish rock band Wolfstone.

1 Like

Hozier at OVO Hydro, Glasgow last night supported by an all female band called The Last Dinner Party.

In my drive to see bands I have never previously seen live I bought Hozier tickets earlier in the year on a whim, having all of his 3 albums. Tremendous stuff and an excellent band of musicians from Nashville, New York and Ireland.

“supported by an all female band called The Last Dinner Party”

They’ve just won the Brits ‘Rising Star’ category.

1 Like

Finnish singer / songwriter Hector celebrating his classic album Herra Mirandos 50th anniversary. Maestro sitting the most of the gig because his hips are not so well anymore (76 years old). We were in Helsinki to see the show and it was wonderful.

2 Likes

Ocean Colour Scene - Wolves Halls

A good night was had by all :fist: :beers: :santa:

3 Likes

Wilson & Wakeman at Backstage at the Green, Kinross last night.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Love intimate gigs like this where alongside the performance the artists spend time chatting and signing stuff. Damian Wilson was very patient with me as I was a wee bit pissed when talking with him, but he gave me his time and attention. Adam Wakeman is a top bloke too. He sat and had a pint with us after the show, chatting about his recent gig with Deep Purple in India and other stories.

4 Likes

Nice to hear. Love it when artists take the time to have a chat. Always appreciated that about Fish.

1 Like

Altamullan Road last night in Oulu. Really warm and intimate atmosphere, lovely people.

Two on the left are a married couple and on the right they are a brother and a sister.

3 Likes

A good night was had by all .

4 Likes

Bad Touch @ KK’s

Cracking gig for the first night of the tour, and all for £15.

The Pineapple Thief

2 Likes

Randy McSteine who was the guitarist for the last Porcupine Tree tour was the support tonight and here is selling his merch.

Steven Wilson obviously doesn’t pay very well.

Did you tell him that you wrote in the other thread that you were “not overly impressed”? :wink::rofl:

He looked lost, lonely and depressed enough without me adding my thoughts :joy:

4 Likes

Another cracking gig from Joanne Shaw Taylor

2 Likes

Mammoth WVH w/ Nita Strauss

Both awesome. Wolfgang is an amazing talent. Nita’s not bad either :wink:

4 Likes

Red Rum Club - Glasgow Garage - Thursday 7th March

Absolutely fantastic :clap:
The bloke I was sat next was there in 1973 and said it was a perfect reproduction.

2 Likes

Colin Hay. What a wonderful show. A 2 hour acoustic set of new and old (including a few Men At Work) songs delivered impeccably. The evening made even more enjoyable by his captivating and mostly hilarious storytelling. Utterly brilliant.

2 Likes